No easy solutions to Montana's drug epidemic
March 29, 2017
Liz Schwartz's brother overdosed in their parents' garage after sucking prescription opioids out of a used fentanyl patch. His mother found him on the floor and immediately called an ambulance. He made it to the hospital in time and survived.
But within a year, Schwartz's father overdosed the same way. He, too, survived.
"You think the addict is getting clean, or they're on the right track to getting there, and there's setbacks like that," Schwartz said. "It's terrifying."
While Montana's drug of choice for decades has been methamphetamine, the use of heroin and opioids like fentanyl and o...