The Whitehall Ledger - Serving Southern Jefferson County in the Great State of Montana

By RITA BROWN
Whitehall Ledger 

Ledger Looking Back 25 Years: January 23, 1997

 

January 26, 2022



January 23, 1997

An electrical fire consumed the fifth wheel camper home and destroyed nearly all of the personal belongings of a Whitehall resident early Monday morning, January 20. The Whitehall Volunteer Fire Department responded to the 1 AM call within five minutes but arrived to find the home of Mike Allen nearly engulfed by fire. Firefighters responded with one water truck and two fire trucks but could do little against the severe blaze. Firefighters called an ambulance to treat Allen for smoke inhalation, and Allen was further treated at St. James Hospital in Butte.

The top issues f...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021