Serving Southern Jefferson County in the Great State of Montana

Just Ask Georgia: 9/21/2022

Dear Georgia, I have a question.

I’m a single mom going to college and living with my sister. A couple of weeks ago, I asked my neighbor, a very nice guy, if he could watch my kids for two hours while I went to class because my sister was not home. He agreed.

If he babysits and doesn’t accept pay, can I sue him for child support because he took on a fatherly role? I’m sure I can convince a court that he accepted a fatherly role, which is how who owes child support is determined in my home state.

I really need this money. What do you think?

Lookin’ for Loot

Dear Loot,

Oh, lady - jus...


Reader Comments(0)

Rendered 04/14/2024 22:59