Serving Southern Jefferson County in the Great State of Montana

Trapping Licenses for Resident and Nonresidents Available for Purchase

Nonresident and resident trapping licenses can now be purchased at a Fish, Wildlife & Parks office or online at

To purchase a Montana resident trapping license, residents must complete a Montana trapper education course or have purchased a trapping license in at least three prior years (in Montana or another state). Residents must be at least 12 years old to buy a trapping license. Youths 6 to 11 years old must purchase a trapping license. They are exempt from the requirement to take trapper education and are limited to what animals they can trap.

The course consists of...


Reader Comments(0)

Rendered 05/28/2024 22:26